Blog / Article
How To Choose Your Pet’s Health Care Plan
Before choosing your pet’s insurance plan, get answers to these questions first.
1️⃣ Is a major medical plan separate from a wellness plan?
2️⃣ Is there a waiting period before you qualify for reimbursement and how much?
3️⃣ Do you cover pre-existing conditions?
4️⃣ Are specialty services such as MRI’s, cardiology included in the plan?
5️⃣ What is the deductible?
6️⃣ Are Acupuncturists included or is this separate?
7️⃣ How are rates determined and how often is there an increase?
*Premium increases is typically based on age/breed and where you live.
- 𝗪𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐏𝐞𝐭 𝗪𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧 for Pepe and Nikki. The Pet Wellness Basic plan was an additional $14/per puppy.
- We did receive a multi-dog discount
- We do not have a plan for Sweet Potato because the cost is expensive due to her age. Because she is very healthy, I am ok with not having pet insurance. If she ever needs a major medical expense, we will just pay for it out of pocket.
- We have a $250/annual deductible
- Neuter or spay is considered an elective surgery and not covered under either plan. However, it can help with some of the pre-op expenses.
- Acupuncture is covered if not a pre-existing condition and prescribed by a licensed vet. If they are receiving acupuncture at the time of your application, Acupuncture would not be covered.
- Grooming and breeding is not covered
- The Pet Wellness Basic plan would help with regular visits and is independent of the Major Medical Plan
- The Major Medical Plan covers anything from a sneeze sniffle, ate a sock, break a bone, cancer. surgerys…covers injury, sickness or hurt as long as it is not pre-existing
- There is a 10 day money back guarantee after the plan starts
- All pets have to be approved with Y/N questions and sometimes medical records will be required.
- Once approved, there is a 2 week mandatory waiting period before coverage starts. There is an online portal account to file claims and will be reimbursed through direct deposit.
- And Nationwide has a 24/7 Vet Health Line.
If you choose Nationwide, contact Jerry 855-331-2833 x 6237. Let him know I referred you.
DID YOU FIND THIS POST HELPFUL? SHARE WITH YOUR PET FRIENDS.